Stan Hamlet Associates Inc.
60 E. 42 Street, Suite 4600, New York, NY 10165
Salary: $115-$130K+ Bonus
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with US, state and similar non-US information reporting and withholding tax rules, including year-end IRS Forms 1099 and 1042, Canadian Forms T3, T5, T5008 and RL and Common Reporting Standards;
- Work closely with programming personnel to ensure accurate reporting;
- Identify and design improvements to tax withholding and reporting systems;
- Provide tax support to customers and sales personnel;
- Ensure compliance with sales tax, VAT and GST filing(s) and collection obligations;
- Oversee US and Canadian retirement account compliance;
- Research and provide guidance on new tax legislation and regulations;
- Develop and provide webinars on current tax topics for customers; and
- Maintain current and accurate tax content on our website.
- Three to seven (3-7) years of accounting and tax experience, including at least 3 years in the financial services industry;
- Bachelor’s or advance degree in accounting required;
- CPA, J.D. or Master’s degree in Taxation preferred;
- Strong understanding of tax information reporting requirements applicable to products issued by retail brokerage businesses.
Contact a Stan Hamlet Associate: 212-685-4884