Stan Hamlet Associates Inc.
60 E. 42 Street, Suite 4600, New York, NY 10165
ED Risk Management
ED Risk Management
Salary commensurate with experience
The candidate’s responsibilities include managing the calculation, consolidation, reporting and explain of Market Risk RWA. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring full E2E process documentation – completeness of process workflows, governance, controls & procedures. The candidate will strive towards identifying opportunities to streamline and improve process efficiency and/or controls. The candidate will manage a team of four; and, provide coaching, training, and feedback to help subordinates develop and expand skill set. The candidate will participate in ad hoc quantitative impact analysis studies supporting business partners, senior management and regulatory requests. The candidate will also participate in and/or lead projects supporting market risk RWA objectives across capital calculation, process/control improvement, and regulatory rule implementations.
The candidate will work with the manager in identifying and implementing process improvements to increase operational efficiency and enhance controls. The candidate’s responsibility include evaluating and managing controls on key processes and functions; identifying gaps in controls and remediation plans; and maintain documentation on controls, processes and procedures to an auditable standard.
- Degree in a Finance, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or related field; advanced degree a plus; FRM certification a plus.
- 6+ years experience in regulatory capital reporting, finance, risk management, or related field
- Experience managing data quality remediation program
- Experience documenting issues and producing data quality metrics
- Experience partnering with technology, operate, and business to drive issue resolution
- Experience in a product control, reporting or operations type role
- Experience identifying, performing, and documenting key controls
- Experience supporting large initiatives across multiple functional groups
- Ability to self-manage, prioritize and work independently
- Strong understand of data quality controls and metrics
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Knowledge with MIS reporting standards and concepts
- Knowledge of financial products, financial markets, market risk and credit risk methodologies such as VaR, economic capital, regulatory capital, etc.
- Strong organizational skills and process orientation
- Ability to work well under pressure, tight deadlines and balance multiple priorities
- Ability to manage, develop and influence people
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Contact a Stan Hamlet Associate: 212-685-4884