Stan Hamlet Associates Inc.
60 E. 42 Street, Suite 4600, New York, NY 10165
Senior Accountant (Jersey City, NJ) - Financial Services (Salary to $90K plus Bonus)
Senior Accountant (Jersey City, NJ) - Financial Services (Salary to $90K plus Bonus) **CPA REQUIRED**
Salary: to $90K + Bonus
The Financial Reporting Department is responsible for all financial reports of the firm. These reports are distributed to senior management, the Board of Directors, shareholders, participants and various regulators. In addition, Financial Reporting has primary responsibility for maintaining the general ledger system, which is the primary accounting record for the complex.
- Perform various Month End Close processes with the Accounting team, including but not limited to:
– Journal Entry Preparation and Review
– Accrual review and analysis
– Balance Sheet & P&L Analysis and Review
– Working with other departments on manual month end adjustments
– Consolidations and intercompany eliminations.
– Validating data and reports from various systems.
- Identify process improvement opportunities, make recommendations for solutions
- Control Reporting, including Balance Sheet and P&L flux, FX and intercompany analysis.
- Reconciliations and reconciliation review
- Financial analysis and special projects in connection with new business ventures and divestures.
- Develop and update departmental policies and procedures
- Develop, support and train new and existing staff
- Assist with projects including GL and Reporting systems upgrades and transformations.
4-10 years of progressive financial reporting and accounting experience, in industry or with a major public accounting firm
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Balance sheet & P&L analysis
- Strong General Ledger and journal entry experience. Attention to detail is critical
- Strong analytical , problem solving and decision making skills, and the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to get engaged into the details and execute proposed solutions
- Exposure to multi-national companies is a plus
- Consolidation, Intercompany and FX experience is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work with and influence cross functional teams
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels in the organization
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Exposure to Oracle accounting software (JD Edwards and Hyperion) is a plus.
Education, Training &/or Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- MBA, CPA or Chartered Accountant is a must.
Contact a Stan Hamlet Associate: 212-685-4884. Or Contact Stan Hamlet: 914-953-9028