Stan Hamlet Associates Inc.
60 E. 42 Street, Suite 4600, New York, NY 10165
Salary commensurate with experience
The Assistant Controller position is a critical position for Forrest Solutions Finance Department. This individual will be responsible for Accounting & Finance analysis, recording month end accruals and various other tasks. It will be crucial for this individual to learn the nuances of the business in regard to the Company's revenue streams, cost of services provided, gross margins, commissions, cost allocations and proper revenue recognition. The individual should possess excellent communication skills, strong Excel capabilities and be experienced in utilizing Accounting Software Packages. Having Salesforce and/or Accounting Seed experience is a huge plus, but not a necessity. Moderate computer skills in Word, PowerPoint and Outlook are also required. We will need a dedicated, loyal, hands-on, detailed oriented person that possesses excellent organizational and follow up skills for this role.
Accounting and Finance Responsibilities
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations.
- Record all payroll entries.
- Record Journal Entries
- Complete work paper analysis on balance sheet & P&L accounts such as:
- Prepaid Expenses
- Accrued Commissions
- Fixed Assets
- Payroll accrual
- Capital Lease Testing and Classifications
- Accrued Expenses
- AR & AP Reconciliations
- Revenue Accruals & Revenue Recognition
- Rent Expense, Commission Expense and other P&L analysis
- Budget vs. actual variances and research.
- Create exception report and other sales and net production reports in Accounting Seed.
- Report creation
- Monthly financial statement
- PowerPoint presentation to Executive Leadership Team
- Assisting Finance Team in cash forecasting.
- Assisting VP of Finance in preparing annual bud get and rolling forecasts.
- In conjunction with the VP of Finance, assist in the preparation of documenting all of the
Policies & Procedures needed for each position and to create a transaction flow chart:
- Analyze payroll weekly and bi-weekly
- Sales tax filings
- External Audits (Sales and use tax, unemployment, 401K, etc.)
- Internal Audits
- Payroll reconciliation
- New York Commercial rent tax
- Complete various revenue and gross margin reports.
- Create weekly AP reports and submit to senior leadership.
- Work with our other AP individuals to coordinate recording of and payment of corporate shared expenses and American Express general ledger classifications.
- Oversee the billing team and the AR Collections team to ensure proper recording and timely payments.
- Inter-face with Human Resources
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Public and private experience preferred
- BS Accounting minimum
- I0 years minimum experience with 3 years of management
Contact a Stan Hamlet Associate: 212-685-4884. Or Contact Stan Hamlet: 914-953-9028